Saturday, June 5, 2010

First Part!

Well, I think I am finally going to have a go at this blog thing. We'll see how it goes.

Tonight I made my first part on the CNC I converted:

Perhaps the thing I am happiest about is that the controller (on the laptop) and the Digital Readout or DRO (in the background) both read X 0.0000 and Y0.0000 after the run. That is really good for a first run with hundreds of lines of G-code, running on stepper motors:


Here's a closer look at the part. It is an end fitting for the new wing I am making. It's not quite finished yet as I need to cut a rectangular slot in the middle that will hold the new axles and the big tooling lump on the bottom will be removed eventually:


I have to say I am very pleased with the results, especially considering it was a first run on a machine I built.

Ciao until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment